Skip to content
- Replication between DCs within the same site.
- DCs within a site pair up with up to two replication partners
- Replication topology is generated by the Knowledge Consistency Checker (KCC)
- KCC will prevent more than 3 hops for replication, in the event of more than 3 hops, a shortcut connection is made across the topology ring.
- KCC can take up to 15 minutes to generate a new topology.
- When a change is made on a DC, it sends a Change Notification to it’s replication partners.
- If the replication partners do not already know of this change, it requests details about the change and applies the change.
- This is known as a notify-pull replication.
- Of course, after the change is applied to the target DC, the target DC notifies it’s other replication partner of the change. This is called Store and Forward.