How many users can a DC Support?
- This is a relative question.
- A DC can handle millions and even billions of users – but that doesn’t mean your server can.
- You will have to measure activity on a DC based on typical usage and load on the same hardware/resources as you would in production.
- Based on these outcomes- you will learn what a DC can handle.
- Based on what a DC can handle as well as what your networks can handle will help you determine how many DCs you will need and where to place them.
- Network requirements, WAN links with 512Kbps or more (Available) is typically okay and does not need it’s own site
(However, this also depends on number of users at the site).